CBD Infused Strawberry Shortcake
Strawberry Shortcake is one of our absolute favorite desserts. Ripe strawberries, sweet biscuits, and whipped cream? Who could say no? This recipe is even more special by making homemade sweet cinnamon vanilla biscuits, CBD infused lemon zested macerated strawberries, and vanilla whipped cream… trust me, you’ll be drooling over this.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups soy creamer / half & half we used Ripple plain half & half (plus more for topping)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour can sub gluten free
- 3 1/2 tbsp organic cane sugar (plus more for topping)
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 pound strawberries
- 3 tbsp organic cane sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 dropper full of CBDfx Hemp + MCT Oil 500 Series tincture
- Vegan Whipped Cream
- Fresh Mint
- Preheat oven to 450F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Inasmallbowlwhisktogether,thesoycreamer/halfandhalf&applecider vinegar. Set aside and let curdle while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
- In a larger bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the soy creamer / half & half mixture and mix until the sough is uniformly mixed. You will need to use your hands to properly mix.
- Knead the dough for about a minute on a floured surface until it comes together fully. Roll the dough out with a rolling pin to 1″ thick, and using a glass or round cutter, cut out 6-8 biscuits.
- Place them on your parchment lined baking tray and brush the tops with more soy creamer or half & half, and top with more sugar. Place them in your 450F oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Hull & quarter your strawberries and add them to a bowl with all your other ingredients.
- Mix well, cover, and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes until they’ve macerated, and you have a decent amount of juice at the bottom of the bowl.
- Cut your biscuits in half, spoon in a decent amount of strawberries.
- Add some whipped cream & fresh mint leaves, and top with the other half of the biscuit.