When you’re in pain, it’s natural to do everything you can to find relief. However, many pain medications have serious side-effects, and they may impair your mental state or lead to addiction. This has led many people to look outside the box for options to alleviate their symptoms.
Thousands of people around the country have reported some measure of relief from pain by self-treating with cannabidiol (CBD). This all-natural plant-based compound doesn’t have any side effects, and it’s impossible to overdose on CBD. Learn more about cannabidiol and why you should consider trying CBD pills if you suffer from pain or anxiety.
1. What Are CBD Capsules?
CBD capsules are basically just like any other types of pill. They contain cannabidiol oil, which is extracted from hemp. You can take these capsules at any time of the day or night, and they don’t have any significant side effects.
Cannabidiol is a cannabinoid, which is a name given to the natural oils that the hemp plant produces. Our body has an entire biological pathway to make use of cannabinoids, called the endocannabinoid system. According to scientific research, cannabinoids may have a number of medicinal qualities, and unlike some other cannabinoids, CBD doesn’t have any psychological effects. You can use CBD oil capsules without having to worry about losing any mental clarity or experiencing paranoia.
CBD capsules have become increasingly popular over the last decade, and a lot of studies have been performed to get to the bottom of how CBD works and whether it is an effective treatment addition for a variety of diseases. Here are a few of the most thoroughly-researched medical applications of CBD:
Ongoing scientific research is currently exploring whether CBD may have a future role as an effective treatment for cancer. Here are a few of the most compelling studies supporting cannabidiol’s anti-carcinogenic potential:
- Cannabidiol as potential anticancer drug: This study suggests that CBD may have pro-apoptotic (cell-killing) and anti-proliferative (growth-prohibiting) effects in cancer tumors. The authors state that “evidence is emerging to suggest that CBD is a potent inhibitor of both cancer growth and spread.”
- Cannabidiol inhibits angiogenesis by multiple mechanisms: Cancer tumors need blood to survive. This study concludes that “CBD inhibits angiogenesis by multiple mechanisms,” which means that it might be able to prevent new blood cells from forming in tumors.
You may remember CNN medical correspondent Sanjay Gupta’s report on Charlotte Figi, a young girl who suffers from Dravet Syndrome. Charlotte went from 300 to three seizures per week by using CBD oil, and it turns out that scientific research supports the potential of CBD oil capsules for epilepsy:
- Nonpsychotropic Plant Cannabinoids, Cannabidivarin (CBDV) and Cannabidiol (CBD), Activate and Desensitize Transient Receptor Potential Vanilloid 1 (TRPV1) Channels in Vitro: Potential for the Treatment of Neuronal Hyperexcitability: This study found that CBD desensitizes a neuroreceptor called TRPV1, which plays a key role in neuronal hyperexcitability. Since this hyperexcitability causes seizures, scientists are one step closer to explaining the incredible effects of CBD in people who have epilepsy.
- Chronic administration of cannabidiol to healthy volunteers and epileptic patients: In this study, 15 patients with epilepsy were divided into two groups. One group was given CBD, and the other group was given a placebo. Almost every member of the CBD group experienced improvement, and almost every member in the placebo group stayed the same.
Scientists have found that CBD may have potential to alleviate symptoms of several other conditions. Here are some examples:
- Heart Disease
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Sleep Disorders
2. Can You Use CBD Pills for Pain?
In addition to the conditions we covered above, a great deal of research has also been done into the potential of CBD as a treatment for chronic pain. According to scientific research, CBD may relieve many of the underlying conditions that cause chronic pain, and many of our customers report that our CBD pills have become an important part of their pain management regimen.
- The non-psychoactive cannabis constituent cannabidiol is an orally effective therapeutic agent in rat chronic inflammatory and neuropathic pain: The results of this study “indicate a potential for therapeutic use of cannabidiol in chronic painful states.”
- Sativex: clinical efficacy and tolerability in the treatment of symptoms of multiple sclerosis and neuropathic pain: Sativex is a pharmaceutical form of CBD. The results of this study “demonstrate that Sativex is efficacious and well tolerated in the treatment of” the symptoms of neuropathic pain caused by multiple sclerosis (MS).
- Anti-inflammatory role of cannabidiol and O-1602 in cerulein-induced acute pancreatitis in mice: Most types of pain are caused or worsened by inflammation. This study found that CBD reduces inflammation in mice.
- Cannabidiol as an Emergent Therapeutic Strategy for Lessening the Impact of Inflammation on Oxidative Stress: Oxidative stress is the mechanism by which inflammation causes pain. This study found that CBD has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects on immune cells.
Amy B. shared the effects of our CBD oil pills for her degenerative disc disease symptoms. “The second day I took a capsule, I woke up and could really tell the difference in my neck and shoulders. I also noticed that it helps with anxiety.”
Catherine B. says that “[t]hese capsules have worked wonders for my back pain!” She was able to reduce her daily dose of prescription pain pills thanks to our CBD pills for pain. Andrew T. shared that his “wife loves these pills. They relieve her back pain and help her anxiety!”
3. Can You Use CBD Pills for Anxiety?
Studies have found that CBD may be an effective treatment for anxiety, and our customers agree:
- Cannabidiol, a Cannabis sativa constituent, as an anxiolytic drug: This review of the research on CBD and anxiety found that these studies “clearly suggest an anxiolytic-like effect of CBD. Moreover, CBD was shown to reduce anxiety in patients with social anxiety disorder.”
- Cannabidiol Reduces the Anxiety Induced by Simulated Public Speaking in Treatment-Naïve Social Phobia Patients: This study investigated the effects of CBD on patients with social anxiety disorder (SAD). It found that CBD “reduced anxiety, cognitive impairment, and discomfort in their speech performance (S) and significantly decreased alert in their anticipatory speech (A).”
Emily B. found that our CBD capsules “help lower anxiety levels throughout the day.” Amanda B. shared that our CBD pills for anxiety “alleviate muscle pains, reduces anxiety, and elevates my mood.”
Carol R. says that our CBD pills “have helped take the edge off anxiety.” Sammy N. was impressed by both the effectiveness of our CBD pills for anxiety and their price. “Effective for my sleep and anxiety. You’ll also be hard pressed to find a 30 count of 25mg CBD as cheap as this! Great product.”
4. Do Hemp CBD Pills Have Any Psychoactive Effects?
Our CBD capsules do not have any psychoactive effects. Some customers report that these pills cause mild sleepiness, but they do not cause mental confusion, paranoia, or anxiety. Most of all, our natural hemp-based CBD pills do not make you feel high.
5. What’s the Difference Between Full-Spectrum and Isolate CBD Pills?
Full-spectrum CBD keeps all the natural compounds in CBD oil intact while isolate CBD breaks CBD oil down until only cannabidiol molecules are left. When CBD is extracted from hemp, it is accompanied by a number of trace cannabinoids and terpenes that cause a type of synergy called the “entourage effect.”
According to the non-profit CBD advocacy organization Project CBD, the entourage effect “magnifies the therapeutic benefits of the plant’s individual components–so that the medicinal impact of the whole plant is greater than the sum of its parts.” Many of the over 200 terpenes naturally found in hemp have their own beneficial effects independent of CBD, and leaving these terpenes intact improves the efficacy of CBD oil pills.
A study titled Overcoming the Bell‐Shaped Dose‐Response of Cannabidiol by Using Cannabis Extract Enriched in Cannabidiol found that full-spectrum CBD is much more effective than isolate CBD. Here at CBDfx, we only use organic full-spectrum CBD to make our CBD pills, which means that they are as effective as possible.
6. What’s Unique about CBDfx CBD Oil Capsules?
A lot of thought and love goes into every CBD capsule we produce at CBDfx. We only use the best organic European hemp to extract our CBD, and we use CO2 extraction to ensure that no solvents are left over in our full-spectrum CBD oil.
Our CBD pills are 100 percent vegan and gluten-free, which means that you can use them no matter what dietary restrictions you may have. Each of our CBD capsules has 25mg of CBD to make sure that you get an effective dose, and our capsules come in convenient 8-count and 30-count packages to ensure that you have the CBD you need whether you’re at home or on the go.
7. What Are the Benefits of Organic CBD Pills?
At CBDfx, we’re committed to only using organic hemp to make our CBD oil. CBD that isn’t extracted from organic hemp may contain trace amounts of chemical fertilizers and pesticides. Over time, these toxic substances can accumulate in your body and cause immune disorders, organ diseases, or even cancer.
When you choose CBDfx as your source of organic CBD, you can rest assured that your CBD pills are 100 percent pesticide and fertilizer-free. You should be able to enjoy your CBD without any worries, and our organic CBD oil protects your peace of mind.
8. Do CBD Oil Pills Have Any Side Effects?
CBD is not known to have any serious side effects. Some customers report mild sleepiness or lethargy after using our products, but since research suggests that CBD may be effective for insomnia, this comes as no surprise.
Our customers report that they experience incredible pain relief from using our products, but they are often just as excited by the lack of side effects caused by our CBD pills. For people who have dealt with the side effects of opioids and other pain relief drugs for years, using CBD for pain can cause a powerful sense of relief.
9. How Do CBD Pills for Pain Work?
Scientists aren’t sure exactly how CBD exerts its potential analgesic effects. What they do know is that CBD doesn’t interact with the CB1 and CB2 receptors in the brain, which are the two receptors that most cannabinoids bind to.
According to Project CBD, scientists have identified more than 65 molecular targets of CBD. Even though CBD doesn’t interact with the CB1 and CB2 receptors, it does interact with the body and brain in dozens of ways, and CBD’s reported efficacy for pain may be attributable to its interaction with TRPV1 receptors.
Research has indicated that the body’s TRPV1 receptors are involved in the perception of pain. CBD binds with TRPV1 receptors, which may alter the way you experience pain.
It also appears that CBD blocks the reuptake of a neurotransmitter called adenosine, which is involved in chronic inflammation. By acting as an adenosine reuptake inhibitor, CBD may reduce the inflammation that is an underlying cause of many types of chronic pain.
10. How Do You Choose the Best CBD Capsules for Pain?
You’ll need to consider several factors to pick the best CBD capsules for your needs:
Milligrams per Pill
If you want to experience the benefits of CBD, you must make sure that you’re ingesting enough of this natural hemp-based substance. Our CBD capsules contain 25mg of CBD each, and if a company doesn’t post its CBD concentration per pill, it can’t be trusted.
Don’t use CBD pills unless they’ve been tested. We only use organic CBD, and we proudly post the results of our lab tests where everyone can see them.
Type of CBD
There’s a substantial difference between full-spectrum and isolate CBD. If you want to experience the full effects of this incredible cannabinoid, modern research suggests it’s probably better to pick full-spectrum CBD pills to take advantage of the “entourage effect.”
Some CBD pills for pain or anxiety may contain artificial or toxic ingredients. Always check the ingredients label of a CBD oil capsule before making a purchase. Our 25mg CBD capsules only contain organic hemp-based CBD oil, MCT oil, and gelatin.