CBD Infused Loaded Baked Potato Mac & Cheese
Tell me that Loaded Baked Potato Mac & Cheese doesn’t sound amazing on its own… but then adding CBD into it? Game over. It’s creamy, smoky, cheesy, full of potatoes, vegan bacon, crunch green onions, and topped with vegan sour cream. This dish is also great, because it’s all gluten free except the pasta, so you can easily make that swap and you’re good to go! Good luck not eating the whole dish to yourself.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups raw unsalted cashews
- 1 package Field Roast Chao Cheese creamy original flavor
- 3 tbsp smooth Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt / black pepper to taste
- 4-6 cups regular unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 4 droppers worth of CBDfx Hemp+ MCT oil 30ml 500 series tincture
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 1 cup of vegan bacon (plus more for topping)
- 1⁄2 cup scallions (plus more for topping)
- 1 lb. macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup vegan sour cream
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- Add all of your ingredients to a high-powered blender (chopping up the chao cheese into rough cubes first), and blend until smooth.
- Start with less almond milk & seasonings than necessary and keep adding more until everything is blended well together without any grittiness. You want this to be the consistency of a thin pancake batter.
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Boil your pasta until almost cooked, drain & toss with a bit of oil so it doesn’t stick together.
- Peel and chop your potatoes into small chunks. Boil them until almost fork tender & drain.
- Chop your vegan bacon into “bits” and crisp up in a pan with a small amount of oil.
- Mix your cheese sauce, cooked pasta, potatoes, vegan bacon (reserving some for topping after), and chopped scallions (reserving some for topping after) & place into a baking dish.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until bubbly, thickened, and golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Top with the reserved vegan bacon & scallions, drizzle with your vegan sour cream, and add cracked black pepper.